Friday, September 25, 2009

Las Vegas Real Estate Market Changes Again

It was a hot summer, Real Estate wise that is. Even though prices didn't seem to go up the sales were happening.

Recently I have felt like things have slowed down a little. Sometimes you don't know whether your feelings are correct. I always wait for the monthly statistics to come out before I come to any conclusion.

Yesterday I read in CNNMoney.com that across the country our four month rally took a dip of 2.7%. In the previous four months sales had jumped 15.2%. I'm not sure yet how this will play out in Las Vegas. Be assured I will let you know. I guess our decline is more than what analysts had predicted.

As a Realtor I'm use to seeing the Market drop after Summer. Because I felt things might be slower I wondered if it was simply due to typical Fall/Winter Market conditions?

According to an article in the online New York Times www.nytimes.com/2009/09/25/business/economy/25econ.htm? Celia Chen, a housing economist at Moody's Economy.com the trend is still very strong.

I'm keeping the good thought that we are working our way out of the duldrums.

Some Animal News

On Sunday, October 18th 2009 Heaven Can Wait Animal Society hcws.org will be having their LOSE A POUND WITH YOUR HOUND Memory walk for the 30,000 animal euthanized in Las Vegas each year. There will be all sorts of fun and games. It is great outing for you and your dog while raising necessary funds to help HCWS's spay/neuter program. I hope I will see some of you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment